by TBD

Election SignageThe City’s sign regulations help minimize visual clutter and maintain safety along our roadways during the political season. Consider the following items as you plan for your signage:

  1. A yard sign may be located on private property with permission of the property owner.
  2. A yard sign may be up to 6 square ft. in size, must be less than 4 ft. in height and all signage must not exceed 24 square ft. on any one residential property.

Yard signs are allowed on main roadways with the following expectations:

  1. Yard signs may not be located within 30 ft. of a main roadway, except when:
  • -on residential property that borders a main roadway;
  • -advertising a Home Owners Association, Civic Association or Special District event;
  • or -when a fence, wall or other structure clearly separates the property line.

This is not a comprehensive list and yard signs are not the only temporary signs that may be used for advertising in Centennial. For more information, visit centennialco.gov or contact us at 303.325.8000.

by TBD

It's garage sale season! Follow these simple guidelines to ensure your garage/yard sale goes off without a hitch!

  • Permits are not required for individual garage or yard sales in the City of Centennial.
  • A Maximum of 3 garage sales per calendar year may be held from one location, totaling 9 days, For instance, 1 sale for 9 days, or 3 sales for 3 days each, etc.
  • All merchandise, structures, displays and signs must be on private property.
  • Signs must be posted on private property with the permission of the property owner.
  • Signs should never be posted public property, including but not limited to, light/power poles, utility boxes, sidewalks, and streets.
  • Signs may not be larger than 6 square feet, allowed up to 24 square feet of signage per residential property, e.g. Twenty-four 1 square foot signs, four 6 square foot signs, etc.
  • Signs may not be over 4 feet in height.

Contact the Code Compliance department for more information at 303-325-8000. 

by TBD

PermitsWith summer quickly approaching, home improvement projects are well underway throughout the City. All residents should be sure to check for permit requirements prior to engaging in a new project for their home or property. Permits are required for certain projects for the following reasons:

  1. To promote the health, safety and welfare of the public, including the safety of persons and property, by providing construction that does not create a hazard due to collapse, fire, decay or abandonment.
  2. To protect the economic and aesthetic value of the community.
  3. To enhance the appearance of buildings and landscape in the City.

For questions related to permit requirements contact the City of Centennial at (303) 325-8000.

by TBD

Noxious WeedsLet your yard be beautiful and weed-free this summer by simply following these four easy steps:

  1. Identify the type of noxious weed. 
  2. Know the best removal practice and when to remove the weed.
  3. Kill it before it reproduces.
  4. Call a Code Compliance Officer at (303)325-8000 for assistance in identifying noxious weeds and for removal best practices. 

The Department of Agriculture and CSU Extension Native Plant Program are great resources for identifying the type of noxious weed and best practices for removal.  

Quick Contact Info:

City of Centennial
13133 East Arapahoe Road
Centennial, CO  80112

(303) 325-8000 - 24 Hour Citizen Response Center
(720) 488-0933 - Fax Number



ADA Notice

Contact Us

City of Centennial
Powered by Real Time Solutions - Website Design & Document Management